You must appear in Vestavia Municipal Court If you have been arrested for DUI or other serious misdemeanor vehicle offenses. For most people, their first experience with the court system is a traffic ticket appearance. Not having a traffic ticket lawyer familiar with your judge, court and prosecutor can be a mistake that costs you the right to drive.
Our Vestavia Hills DUI attorneys can be at your court from our Homewood office in 20 minutes.
Talk to an experienced criminal defense lawyer with expertise in traffic ticket defense. Our Birmingham DUI law firm can help reduce or dismiss the charges, in most cases. Plus, Alabama DUI law has several options that can be taken, for first offenders.
Contact our Vestavia Hills DUI lawyers as soon as possible after arrest, because you only have 10 days to file documents to protect your right to drive in Alabama.
You may lose your license and driving privileges for at least 90 days if you are convicted of driving under the influence in the state of Alabama. Plus, a drunk driving conviction stays on your driving record forever. Other penalties for a DUI in Alabama include traffic ticket fines, probation, and possible jail time.
Let the Polson Law Firm help you like we have helped over 10,000 clients in municipal courts across the state of Alabama. Our AL criminal defense attorneys are at the Vestavia Hills Courthouse all the time due to our law firm’s convenient location in nearby Homewood, just to the southeast of Birmingham, AL.
Vestavia Hills Court Information and Vestavia Hills Courthouse Address
The Vestavia Hills Municipal Court handles drunk driving, reckless driving, reckless endangerment Alabama, hit and run, and other misdemeanor traffic offenses.
The Vestavia Hills Municipal Court is located at:
Vestavia Hills Municipal Court
1032 Montgomery Hwy,
Vestavia Hills, AL 35216.
While not nearly as busy as our Birmingham Municipal Court location, the Vestavia Court handles several hundred traffic tickets each month.
The Mayor and City Council staff oversee the Vestavia Municipal Court.
All traffic ticket revenues generated by processing DUI and other traffic citations help fund the Vestavia Hills Police Department and other public safety efforts.
The Vestavia Hills Municipal Courts office hours are 8:30-4:30 Monday – Friday and court is held on Tuesdays at 4:00 pm.
Their court calendar can be accessed at: http://vhal.org/departments/municipal-courts/court-calendar/
You must attend Vestavia Traffic Court if you were arrested for DUI, open container, possession of drugs or paraphernalia, reckless driving, or driving with a suspended license.
For minor offenses, you may be eligible to get your ticket dismissed by attending a defensive driving course (traffic school). You must not have had any tickets within the past two years to qualify.
You must register at the Magistrate’s Office before your court date.
Yes. To pay your AL traffic ticket online, visit the Vestavia Hills Municipal Court website: https://vestaviacourt.govtportal.com/
If you choose to pay the ticket online, you can search by driver’s license number or ticket number if you have it.
If you have lost your ticket number, it’s ok. You can perform an Alabama traffic ticket lookup by calling the Vestavia Hills Municipal Court phone number at 205-978-0121.
Municipal courts are lower level non-jury courts that handle misdemeanor traffic ticket cases.
Some states use municipal courts while others use district courts.
Such courts lack jury trial jurisdiction and can only handle a limited number of misdemeanor cases like license suspensions.
Generally, a higher number of traffic violations occur in larger cities.
There is a hub of interstate highways (e.g., I-20) within a 25-mile radius of downtown Birmingham. The high volume of cars and trucks generate thousands of traffic tickets for the Birmingham Municipal Court. Your Alabama DUI attorney will try to get a favorable deal for you at the Municipal Court in Alabama, before moving to a jury trial court.
Our Jefferson County office is only 4.3 miles from the Vestavia Hills Courthouse. At the Polson Law Firm, we offer a FREE DUI lawyer consultation. Why not get a no-obligation initial, professional case assessment from Alabama Super Lawyers?
To schedule a FREE review of your case by a highly-experienced Alabama traffic ticket attorney, either complete this FORM: fill out the form here or call our DUI attorneys 24/7 at (205) 222-4544.
Polson & Polson, P.C.
2824 Central Ave #150
Birmingham, AL 35209
Office Phone: 205-871-8838
24/7 Helpline: 205-222-4544
- Alabama DUI Conviction & Jail Time
- Job Loss After an Alabama DUI
- DUI Job Background Check in Alabama
- Impact of a DUI in Alabama on Divorce or Adoption
- Pleading Guilty to an Alabama DUI
- Alabama DUI Look Back Period
- Cost of a Birmingham DUI Attorney
- Alabama Field Sobriety Test DUI Clues and Investigation
- DUI Signs of Intoxication in an Alabama DUI Case
- Getting Your DUI Police Report in Alabama
- Alabama DUI Lawyers Win
- Alabama DUI Court Locations
- Refuse the Breath Test in Alabama
- One-Leg Stand Field Sobriety Test
- The 9-Step DUI Walk-and-Turn Test
- Failing the Roadside Breath Test in AL
- Failing the Official Breath Test
- The Alabama DUI Breath Test Machine
- Identifying Suspected Drunk Drivers in Alabama
- Pulled Over For an Alabama DUI by the Police
- Innocent Person Pleading Guilty For DUI in AL
- DUI Impact of Fever on an Alabam Breath Alcohol Test
- Alabama Nursing License Lawyer
- Inaccurate DUI Police Report Claiming DUI
- Inaccurate DUI Field Sobriety Test Scoring as DUI
- Impact of Body Cameras on an Alabama DUI Arrest
- How to Answer An Alabama Police Officer for DUI
- DUI Sentence Enhancements Under Alabama Law
- What Do I do FIRST After Being Arrested for DUI
- Is Representing Yourself for a DUI in Alabama a Smart Move
- Alabama Driving Under the Influence Case Wins
- About Our DUI Law Firm – Birmingham DUI Lawyers