Question: Will body cameras on police officers impact the way that DUI investigations are conducted in Alabama?
Answer: Body cameras on police officers in DUI investigations will bring a lot of objectivity to the prosecution. If the video shows high levels of intoxication or a horrible performance on a field sobriety test, it’s something for the attorney and client to consider attempting to settle the case rather than if the body camera shows no signs of intoxication and positive performance on field sobriety test and/or inaccurately administered field sobriety test, it should be fertile ground to defend the case on. And so having a body camera, in my opinion, will be a positive thing in helping resolve the case one way or the other.
→ Right-click here to download the audio for this question.
Watch Our Helpful DUI Videos Below:
- Refuse the Breath Test
- One-Leg Stand Field Sobriety Test
- DUI Walk-and-Turn Test
- Failing the Roadside Breath Test
- Failing the Official Breath Test
- DUI Breath Test Machine
- Identifying Suspected Drunk Drivers
- Pulled Over For DUI by the Police
- Innocent Person Pleading Guilty For DUI
- DUI Impact of Fever on Breath Test